Central North America
Samir Shah +41 61 324 7944 Sloan Simpson +1 862 345 4440
Thomas Hungerbuehler +41 61 324 8425 Alina Levchuk +1 862 778 3372
Isabella Zinck +41 61 324 7188 Parag Mahanti +1 973-876-4912
1. Baraliakos X, Braun J, Deodhar A, et al. Long-term efficacy and safety of
secukinumab 150 mg in ankylosing spondylitis: 5-year results from the
phase III MEASURE 1 extension study. RMD Open. 2019;5:e001005.
2. Bissonnette R, Luger T, Thaçi D, et al. Secukinumab demonstrates
high sustained efficacy and a favourable safety profile in patients with
moderate-to-severe psoriasis through 5 years of treatment (SCULPTURE
Extension Study). J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2018;32:1507-1514.
3. Mease PJ, Kavanaugh A, Reimold A, et al. Secukinumab Provides Sustained
Improvements in the Signs and Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis: Final
5-year Results from the Phase 3 FUTURE 1 Study. ACR Open Rheumatol.
4. McInnes IB, Mease PJ, Kirkham B, et al. Secukinumab, a human
anti-interleukin-17A monoclonal antibody, in patients with psoriatic
arthritis (FUTURE 2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled,
phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2015;386:1137-46.
5. Data on file. CAIN457F2310 (MEASURE 1 and 2): Pooled Safety Data.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp; July 23, 2018.
6. Data on file. CAIN457F2310 and CAIN457F2305 summary of 5-year clinical
safety in (ankylosing spondylitis). Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp; May
7. Data on file. CAIN457F2312 Data Analysis Report. Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Corp; November 2008.
8. Novartis Europharm Limited. Cosentyx(R) (secukinumab): Summary of Product
Characteristics. Available from:
accessed: May 2022].
9. Ruperto N, Foeldvari I, Alexeeva E, et al. Efficacy and Safety of
Secukinumab in Enthesitis-related Arthritis and Juvenile Psoriatic
Arthritis: Primary Results from a Randomised, Double-blind,
Placebo-controlled, Treatment Withdrawal, Phase 3 Study (JUNIPERA).
Presented as a late-breaking abstract at European Alliance of
Associations For Rheumatology (EULAR) Virtual Congress; June 2-5, 2021.
10. Brunner H, Foeldvari I, Alexeeva E, et al. Secukinumab Treatment In
Children And Adolescents with Enthesitis-Related Arthritis And Juvenile
Psoriatic Arthritis: Efficacy And Safety Results From A Phase 3 Study.
Presented at the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Convergence;
October 28-30, 2021. Abstract 1424.
11. Data on file. COSENTYX Access. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp; December
12. American College of Rheumatology. Juvenile Arthritis [online] March 2019.
accessed: May 2022].
13. Momah T and Ray L. Juvenile idiopathic arthritis: Old disease, new
tactics. J Fam Pract. 2019;68:E8-E13.
14. Weiss PF, Beukelman T, Schanberg LE, et al. Enthesitis-related arthritis
is associated with higher pain intensity and poorer health status in
comparison with other categories of juvenile idiopathic arthritis: the
Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance Registry. J
15. Glerup M, Rypdal V, Arnstad ED, et al. Long-Term Outcomes in Juvenile
Idiopathic Arthritis: Eighteen Years of Follow-Up in the Population-Based
Nordic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Cohort. Arthritis Care Res
16. Clinical Trials.gov. Secukinumab Safety and Efficacy in Juvenile
Psoriatic Arthritis (JPsA) and Enthesitis-related Arthritis (ERA).
Available from: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03031782. [Last
accessed: May 2022].
17. Cosentyx [Prescribing Information]. East Hanover, NJ: Novartis
Pharmaceuticals Corp; 2022.
18. Mix Online. Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare approves additional
indications for 12 products, etc. Addition of Enrest's "hypertension"
[online]. September 28, 2021. Available from:
https://www.mixonline.jp/tabid55.html?artid=71852. [Last accessed May
19. Gov.br. Ministry of Health. Cosentyx (secukinumab): Extended Use
[online]. Available from:
[Last accessed May 2022].
20. Girolomoni G, Mrowietz U and Paul C. Psoriasis: rationale for targeting
interleukin-17. Br J Dermatol. 2012;167:717-24.
21. McInnes IB, Behrens F, Mease PJ, et al. Secukinumab versus adalimumab for
treatment of active psoriatic arthritis (EXCEED): a double-blind,
parallel-group, randomised, active-controlled, phase 3b trial. Lancet.
22. Data on file. AIN457A2102 Clinical Study Report. Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Corp; December 2008.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
May 20, 2022 08:34 ET (12:34 GMT)